Friday, December 19, 2008

Teacher Ornament

It seems there is always a dilemma at this time of year to find something to give to teachers. Since moving here the teachers at the school generally suggest that instead of bringing them something to donate to the Helping Hands program or pick something from a the Wish List for classroom supplies. That is all cool and we participate. A few years ago we started to do teacher ornaments that the kids help make. It is inexpensive and generally personalized so more meaningful than many other things that might just pile up. Anyway, I have failed the last year or two in my effort. I had almost given up the idea and thought this year, we will just do a card. But I cannot just take a card out of a box to give them. If we are going to do something it has to be from the boys. So the other night when I realized if I wanted the teachers to receive something it better be done that night as the weather was not looking good and potentially the last day before Christmas break would be the next day. With some luck on my first search attempt on the web and because I have a stash of paper and other things for crafting we had something in little time and Sam helped! Unfortunately Dan didn’t get to help as he was at Cub Scouts. Instead of a card we turned it into an ornament. Yeah, the ornament tradition continues! I must say it was very exciting to see how the teachers just loved it.

So if anyone wants a cute idea that is super easy to do. . . .Here are the pictures. We used Sam’s thumbprint. On the back of the ornament a personalized note was attached. It all worked and once again, a miracle last minute ornament came together!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Very cute! Are you all enjoying your early winter break?

Britt said...

I love these!

Debbie and Bobby said...

So cute! I've done ornaments the kids make for the last two years too