Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lemon Lovers'. . .

Today for Easter Sunday dinner I made my version of a fancy cake called Lemon Lovers’ White Chocolate Cake. I don’t go to this much effort too often. The cake is one that a friend introduced to me while living in Illinois. It was fantastic. We then had it again for book group dessert. The book we were reading was “The Lemon Jelly Cake” (preview 20+ pages of the book here), a fun book I thoroughly enjoyed as I escaped back to the other turn of the century (1900). Although this is not a jelly cake you get a real ZING of lemon with the lemon curd filling in the middle! These pictures are of my cake today. It was simply missing the lemon zest which always makes things look fancier. I only had a lime and wasn’t so sure the combination would be as tasty.


If you would like the recipe check out this link.
http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/lemonloverschocolatecake.shtml

HAPPY EASTER ALL!

4 comments:

Rennie said...

Not fair...it's 11:47 p.m. and my mouth is watering and I WANT a piece of THAT cake...I don't want to make my own....:)

That looks awesome!

Mindy and Garry said...

ok, I've never been much of a lemon fan...lemon bars YUCK...but I've recently discovered I enjoy lemon cake and I LOVE white chocolate and this seriously looks WAY good! I would be highly tempted to make it this week, but I'm afraid it would cause me more problems that it's worth! So this summer after my gall bladder is out I'm totally making this!!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

mmm, sounds yummy!

Julie L. said...

The Lemon Cake looks great and imagine it was quite wonderful. It was nice speaking to you this morning. : )