Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Birthday Drive

Inspired by the latest “Pure Michigan” travel ads (see all four of my personal favorites here-1, here-2, here-3 and here-4 but don't forget to pres the BACK arrow to get back to the blog after viewing) I had one big wish for my birthday. I wanted to take in a bit of Pure Michigan. I knew the best I could likely do is take a drive somewhere but not too far. I fall asleep too quickly when I’m driving - especially when I’m on my own and since the family would all be in school or work I knew it would I would have to stay close. I tried keep the day unscheduled so I could not feel guilty and give myself permission to do any of those things that I normally feel guilty for, if I take time during other days. Among other things this would include leisure reading and shopping for myself. Although the day filled up with some fun and not so fun morning activities I still had the afternoon to spend as I wished. The drive was top priority. It was a perfect fall day as well, crisp and a bit overcast. I took the camera and got in the car with little plan other than to explore. I admit I didn’t get too far from home as time was a small issue. But I had a lot of fun paying attention to the fun scenery. I took pictures that journaled (is that a word?) the variety of things I saw of interest. My pictures might not be nearly as moving as my favorite Pure Michigan ads. But sit back, turn up the volume (if you didn't already to that to view the links above) and enjoy my birthday drive by following the link below. However first I will add an apology as to view the slide show it requires an account on Snapfish (which you can setup for free if you don't have one). It was what I had at the time and will try to make a different slide show but not sure how soon. I will post pictures on my shutterfly photo album. Sorry to be so complicated.

My Birthday Drive

FYI - the pictures were of whatever I happened to notice and although rough roads in need of repair aren't particularly lovely I couldn't help but make you all think that all roads in Michigan look like the one I showed you. I'm thinking that this might be why we have so many dirt roads, they are often in much better shape than those that have been patched 10 times and are still in bad shape!

2 comments:

Rennie said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! I loved the picture of the pumpkin trailer and the one of the tall prairie grasses with the pretty fall trees in the background! You did great!

What a fun way to spend a birthday afternoon!

Rebecca Seipert said...

Looks like fun! I really miss the fall colors in the east. We don't get that in California!