Saturday, February 13, 2010

Drawing on other's words - updated links

Because of the deep impact I have felt over the passing of our dear friend's husband Phil the brave I have wanted to write something and share it on our blog. I have been contemplating this but nothing seemed right. Then I gratefully noticed several other blogs with tributes and other feelings posted. Some share much more personal experiences with Phil and others share the feelings I too am experiencing. Because of the sweet friendship we have had over many years with his companion Heidi, Phil has become important to us as well. Our children enjoy listening to Voice Male CD's and thus enjoying Phil's great voice. Hearing his voice always makes me think of Heidi and her beautiful voice that I admired so much when we were mission companions. Then I think what will Eden's voice be like. She is one lucky gal to have such gifted and talented parents and more importantly parents who love her so much. I pray for her to always feel that love but have no doubt Heidi has enough love in her for both.

Because I love everything that has been shared by others including Heidi I am sharing links to these posts as well.

Obituary
Prayer and Peace
Phil the Brave
Shared Tears
Another Angel
It Stays With Us
Remembering Phil
Sing Out Strong
Voice Male In Memorium
Jacksonville State University News (and a poem "FAITH"by Phil)
Forever
Each Life that Touches Ours for Good
Utah Services
Phil's Testimony
Testimony of a Friend
Phantom Pain
Answered Prayers

This is where peace comes from knowing that families are eternal and that all will be together again.

5 comments:

highdeekay said...

Thanks Sarah, this is awesome!

highdeekay said...

here is another:
http://charlottelaughs.blogspot.com/2010/02/it-stays-with-us.html

Debbie and Bobby said...

(the deleted post was me btw)

I don't think you ever mentioned the group he was part of was voice male. I have heard some of their stuff and really enjoyed it. How wonderful that he will be remembered through the music that blessed so many lives

Alisha said...

Thanks for compiling all of these great tributes to a great man! I have enjoyed reading them all!

Charlotte said...

This is such a great list. Thank you for putting this all together, and updating it. There are blog posts and tributes listed here that were absolutely new to me, and I loved reading them.

I don't believe we've ever met, but Heidi has been telling me about you for so long, I feel like I know you.