Sunday, October 9, 2011

Another enjoyable autumn weekend!

Nick and I were finally successful in taking a very short getaway. We headed North or as some would say to the gateway to the north. We didn't want to go too far but found the best little cabin nestled into the middle of nature on a weekend where colors are peaking and the temperature was warm. I could have handled cooler weather to make it even better but won't complain about those extra days of warmth we have had. I know the cold will be here plenty soon. So taking every bit of this colorful treat in while it lasts.

I woke up without an alarm to plenty of mist and fog. That didn't stop me from stepping out to enjoy the crisp cool morning. As I relaxed in the comfy Adirondack chair I watched the seemingly black and white misty view change to hints of color in the distance as the sun lit the leaves and burned away the mist. Ahhh happy belated 20th anniversary! I think we should celebrate 6 months late every year! The world is much more colorful and breathtaking in October vs. March!

We really just relaxed but did go to several Amish stores. A new one for us was the bakery. For some reason I loved the long set of aprons on the line to dry. Nick says they look like huge panties. I still love this picture even though you can only see a fraction of the panties, I mean aprons. :)

While relatively not far away our dear friends Becca and Steve spent the weekend with the boys. They took them to Uncle John's Cider Mill and had a great time doing everything from apple chucking to laser tag. They picked out pumpkins that look great on the porch and the pictures tell it all. I have included just a few.



We feel very blessed to have such great friends that we consider family! Thank you Becca & Steve for making this a fantastic weekend for everyone in the family!

2 comments:

highdeekay said...

Nick is right ... huge panties for sure.

What a great weekend, I'm impressed you got away. Good for you.

Debbie and Bobby said...

Baahahahahaha! Giant panties (yes I can see the resemblance) I'm so glad you got to get away too and wake up without an alarm. Look forward to hearing more soon :o)