Sunday, October 19, 2008

Completely Random

Monday while at the Doctors office for one of the kiddos, we noticed the crayons to draw on the exam table tissue paper. I have often thought this was a great idea for whoever thought of it. We were drawing pictures of the United States and talking about in what state everyone in the family was born. Our family of 4 represents CA, UT, IL and NH. The interesting part was noticing the patriotic “American Crayons” that were made in MEXICO! Something is simply wrong about this.

Our front door has sprouted a pair of “Mystery Shoes” that we have no clue where they came from. Our front porch is not well trafficked. We don’t have sidewalks in front of the house. The house is set off the road enough that strangers don’t generally wander in. So where did these black shoes come from? They aren’t ours and we would like to know who they belong to. Just a little strange to have someone’s shoes neatly placed outside your front door!

When will I learn? If you try to cross the middle section of Campus at the wrong time of day, plan to be there awhile. Honestly traffic here isn’t nearly as bad as some places. But when you are accustomed to traveling around without a bottleneck its painful when one occurs. One must become aware of the standard start and end times for classes because it is impossible to see walking or car traffic when looking toward campus from the East or West. It may look perfectly fine until you are at the point of no return. The cars back up quickly because of students crossing the roads, non-stop in mass. Has anyone noticed that students these days could care less about cars on the road and simply feel empowered to not even look when they cross into the traffic?

The other day I noticed a bicyclist (it was after sunset and fairly dark outside) out of the left corner of my eye. It was on the opposite side of the street and would have been in my blind spot had I not noticed. He is lucky he didn’t have a close encounter with a Ford Windstar that evening. He didn’t even budge his head to look to his right for traffic but barreled right across the road full speed ahead. He didn’t even stay in the cross walk but continued at even a greater angle prolonging his ride along the road as if no one else were around. Hulllooo McFly!

What do you get with a curious 5 year old, a full bottle of air freshener and bathroom that I guess must have not smelled too good? An empty bottle of air freshener and bathroom walls and floor covered with a very potent smell of “winds & springtime”.

It’s really not springtime around here but fall. Yes the leaves are beautiful. Many are falling from the trees creating the need to rake. I’m hoping for a good breeze this week to blow them out of the yard. I should have posted a daily “favorite tree”. I guess I still could but I missed having the camera with me for my favorite tree this past week. OH well, just know that the colors are vibrant and beautiful. I never want it to end. However, if it were this way year round it wouldn’t be nearly as thrilling to seek out the best colors before the disappear.

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Have you checked the basement or garage for a stranger who is living there. Nice of them to at least take off their shoes.

As for the crayons...that IS so wrong!

I can go one better on the Febreze...Austin thinks that he should spray the cat when the litter smells. We've had to give the cat a bath twice in the last 2 weeks because of that!

Katrina said...

Hmm, those shoes are a mystery. I had a mystery piece of carpet show up on my doorstep the other day, but I suspect that was the wind. Somehow I don't think the wind would place a pair of shoes down so neatly. Maybe next week you'll find a nicely folded shirt, then you can keep your eyes open for a shirtless, shoeless guy wandering the neighborhood.

Debbie and Bobby said...

I agree. Thanks goodness for the change of seasons or things could get boring. (well winter COULD be a little shorter in my eyes though)
Hope Sam is doing better. Liam has a "wicked cough" as his bus driver puts it. He does sound like he is going to hack up his left lung but he still keeps going like the energizer bunny.