Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Winners Today

That’s right, at least in the presidential race – NO WINNER. Why? Because it doesn’t matter who wins the race too many people will not be happy. Everything the new president does will be scrutinized like never before. Every negative event affecting Americans will be blamed on the president whether it’s their fault or our own. For me – I voted for the guy who I feel will handle the hot seat the best. I have never spent so much time reading and searching the issues. I feel good about all of my choices today. I hope you all do too. I also have to say that just because my choices might differ from yours doesn’t mean I want to argue or debate. It does no good. We all get to choose for ourselves and I respect differences of opinions until someone doesn’t respect mine. I don’t know how many people have honestly enjoyed this political season (aside from the great comic relief on SNL). I would love to see paranoia disappear and bitter and hateful commentary cease. That would require a miracle. I will be glad to just move beyond this phase, see the yard art disappear and then wait and see. I hope for positive change but let’s all be realistic. Changes for the better will not happen overnight.