Sunday, May 27, 2012

Midland Dog Park


Memorial Day weekend is here.  The much anticipated long weekend for many.  I'm going to risk sounding like I'm oblivious to its importance, like many these days,  but that isn't my intention.  But I have to admit that I don't usually get too excited about this weekend.  I do love my children but sometimes I find summers to be very long (partly because it is my least favorite time of year).  So this weekend becomes just another reminder that soon ALL weekends will be LONG. :)  

I was pretty happy that we found something fun for everyone (not easy these days) to do yesterday since original plans had fallen through.  We found a dog park in Midland.  It's a short 30+ min drive from here.  The dog park is actually in plain view as you come into the city.  But the road to get to it is not on the regular path, but a path we like to take.  It is in the Chippewassee park which is part of the Tridge area.  Tridge is the area where a three-way walking bridge is built right over where the Chippewa and Tittabawassee rivers come together.  The rail trail that the boys enjoy riding their bikes on also ends at this location.  I guess for some it begins.  We just usually come from Clare as our starting point.  The spray park that they have enjoyed after a long ride is also here.  Just last fall I accidentally found an entrance into a back side of the park.  Even then I didn't realize that if I ventured further to the west at that location that I would find the dog park.  But now I know and it will become a fun place to visit more often.  Everyone had a great time including Al.  We wore him out.  He met other dogs and could run and run until he was tired.  

Here are a few fun video clips pictures.  More pictures are on our family picture site HERE.  If you forgot the password info to get in just send me an email.




No comments: