Monday, August 25, 2008

Cheap Entertainment


OK so I’m not the best mom at taking my kids to the park every day. So why do I feel guilty about this? I don't think its in the fine print of the all-purpose parental agreement. On the days we are home we generally find something entertaining so I must not be a complete failure. Here are a few things we did last week.

No need to go to the real McD’s because you can make one out of legos including an outdoor playplace with golden arches to run in and out of.


How about creating a crime scene. It was kind of a lame crime scene but it entertained for a long time. The nicely folded washcloths disappeared from the bathroom basket. Hmm where did they go? Final conclusion was that Mom was the culprit and was too tired and therefore put them in her bathroom basket instead of the boys basket . My hair was found in the bathroom – imagine that. Dead on evidence for the Jr. Investigator.

We also have a built in backyard zoo. We captured a picture of the smallest cutest little doe we have seen yet in our zoo. This one came further into the yard than most. So cute!

4 comments:

meg 'n' rich said...

I think you're an awesome mom!! Who needs the park when you've got that much going on in your own house!!

highdeekay said...

Awesome fun! I love homemade fun, it is the best.

Becky said...

You guys do tons of fun stuff! I enjoyed seeing pictures-especially of the crime scene! :)

Debbie and Bobby said...

I neet to steal the crime scene game idea off of you. Liam plays one on PBS ruff ruffman and absolutely LOVES it (but he has the results memorized now)