Friday, January 9, 2009

It looks like the 4th of July in my kitchen!

I was going about my normal activity of working on a task only to be distracted mid-task by some other much higher priority task. This can go many levels deep until the 10th task in eventually takes me back to the original. It kind of reminds me of the Give a Mouse a Cookie or . . .Pig a Pancake or . . .Moose a Muffin books. I was in the kitchen to find some lunch around 2pm. Kind of late but I had been distracted by too many other little tasks prior to that. Then I realized the special popcorn salt needed to be put away. But when I opened the cupboard to put it high on the top shelf I realized that shelf was disorganized. So I decided to clean it up. In the process of pulling down a container, a very LARGE bottle of red white and blue sprinkles fell upside down onto the counter-top, popped the lid off and blew the container onto the floor. I was surrounded in festive sprinkles. It sounded cool but wasn’t so funny at the time. But I’m laughing now. The bottle was nearly full when it fell. It would have taken me a lifetime to use that many sprinkles anyway. What was I thinking? Now I’m left with maybe a 15 year supply instead.


3 comments:

Grandma B said...

This reminds me of something Ellie dumped (intentionally) thier dining room floor (hardwood) while I was with them last spring. I cant even remember what it was. She got in a lot of trouble but it was hard to get mad at her because whatever it was acted like marbles. It was like a scene out of a movie, every step she took kept her sliding every which way!!! I was sweeping the stuff up for weeks, it just kept appearing from nowhere!

Rennie said...

I just have to say that I'm totally impressed by how clean your floors are...the sprinkles don't count...

I don't think I could take that close of a picture of my floors unless it were right after I'd washed them!

The sight of the sprinkles is making me want a cookie in the worst way!!!

highdeekay said...

Ok, seriously, what WERE you thinking when you bought that many sprinkles? "Some day I'm going to be the activities chair and I'll want to make 4th of July cookies for everyone in the state of Michigan" or was it "hmmm, maybe I'll get invited to the inauguration (since my husband is such an ardent supporter) and when that happens I'm taking cup cakes for everyone there!"

I'm glad you are laughing.